Friday, July 16, 2010

What is my sentence?

Daniel Pink thinks that everyone should have their own sentence that sums up what they are, want to be and want to do. I think that's a bit lame and a simplistic way of thinking but I guess it should help people find focus in what they want to do. So what sentence am I?

"I will improve this world, either with my actions or my words: directly or indirectly."

I really wanted to have a colon in there. You know, to liven it up from an aesthetic point of view. Anyway but what I hope to get across in my sentence is that in my career I want to have a positive effect on the world either through influencing others to act positively or to make changes directly myself by working inside a company where I can leave a positive mark.

My main goal would be to have a positive effect on this world environmentally whether it be advocating environmental policies or working inside companies to push for those environmental goals.

So I guess if I need to start focusing on a brand it would be environmentally conscious writer who pushes for change in himself and in others. I could achieve this by posting links to environemental blogs on my twitter and starting a local blog that focuses on environmental issues is Omaha and tips for a sustainable lifestyle like tips on how to get your backyard garden growing. (It's not hard with the summers we've been having, simply plant seeds, put up chicken wire to keep out rabbits, pull out weeds, water and pick vegetables)

Seriously you should see the size of the cucumbers in my back yard. They're as big as your head. I could club you with one and you'd be like, "Why'd you club me with that large cucumber?"

...Can I change my personal sentence to "Why'd you club me with that large cucumber?"

No comments:

Post a Comment