Thursday, July 29, 2010

It turns out the Internet makes you even more Social!

So after reading the Pew Internet Personal Networks and Community survey I have to say I'm both surprised and a little not surprised. On the one hand there's the social preconception that spending time at your computer makes you a shut in but at the same time most people when they are on their computer they are on a social network, socializing soooooo of course it makes people more sociable.

The internet isn't just a box you crawl into to turn off your brain like television, it's a social platform wherein you can interact with people via social media. I'm on facebook right now and I've already commented on friend's status and one's new job. What a world!

I find it interesting that people who are more connected to the internet (bloggers and whatnot) are actually more involved in there community though it makes sense when you think about it. To be an actual good blogger you have to have things to blog about so you have to work hard and go out there and do things like volunteer or talk to your friends.

Also, "Only 6% of the adult population has no one with whom they can discuss important matters or who they consider to be “especially significant” in their life." :( I feel really bad for that 6%. They're probably 50% old people and cat ladies too. Oh well, I know what'll cheer me up. Those guitar shredding North Korean Toddlers!

No comments:

Post a Comment